Cartographer's Pen


I am scattered again   
                   Across cities,
                                Playgrounds
                         And residents -

In sifted words
That break apart like continents;
Like young lovers who grew up too soon.

                          Help me make a place for you
In sequestered letters
Breathing hollow
The vowels that bore them meaning

       I am gathered again
To family & friends
       The blood of longing
Runs richly through
       Our veins

Stories canvas the night air
We roam neon boulevards
‘til weary, we remember home

                         Help me make a place for you
Sturdy as the evensong
Sturdy as the wind carries me
Like parachutes
Beyond all that has come & now is gone
                           To seed the cities
                            With the ashes of my days
In furrowed lines, a cartographer’s pen
I am scattered again.

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Steve, this is panoramic, expansive, economical and just resolves, like the eyes of God roaming the earth. Quite mature in vintage. All the best, Andrew.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment