The Breath & The Clay

I'm sitting in a quiet house with my morning coffee, journal and pen--a typical scene of my life especially in the afterglow of a transformative experience as The Breath and the Clay. But rather than scribbling my thoughts on paper, I decided to put the pen down and process out loud this time. My heart is full from the incredible weekend and I'm sure just as myself, you who were part of The Breath & the Clay are still buzzing from all that happened.

I said it from the stage several times, but this year felt special, different in some way. This is the third gathering we have done, and each has carried a magic of its own. But this time, rather than being a disparate, one-off event, I felt roots beginning to grow and intertwine beneath our feet. Something greater than any one person's vision began to rise from our midst. Relationships, connections, a sense of home was present. I feel the tremendous joy of God's invitation to continue stewarding and nourishing this... movement?  ...happening? ...community.  

My mind and spirit wasted no time envisioning ideas for next year and thinking of ways to stay connected in the meantime. I already see so much for the next one, and I'm inspired to get started on it today. But more than developing ideas for our next gathering, what grabs my heart is the idea that we are being swept up into something eternal and God-breathed. Much like the way we approach the art we make, I find myself asking, listening and watching to see what it is The Breath & the Clay itself desires to become.

I believe a strong foundation was set this year.  Now we can begin to build even greater, higher, deeper expressions and collaborations on this journey together.  Thanks to everyone who came and poured out your hearts and your art into this growing community. I look forward to seeing what happens from here.  The best is yet to come.

Comments